- What data do we collect?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your protection of personal information rights?
- How to contact us
“consent” means any voluntary, specific and informed expression of will in terms of which permission is given for the processing of personal information;
“data subject” means the person to whom the personal information relates;
“direct marketing” means to approach a data subject, either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of—
- Promoting or offering to supply, in the ordinary course of business, any goods or services to the data subject; or
- Requesting the data subject to make a donation of any kind for any reason;
“responsible party” means a public or private body or any other person which, alone or in conjunction with others, determines the purpose of and means for processing personal information;
“personal information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including but not limited to—
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person;
- The personal opinions, views or preference of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person;
What data do we collect?
When you visit Iconix Online, we, the responsible party, automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse Iconix Online, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to Iconix Online and information about how you interact with Iconix Online. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on Iconix Online, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The supply of Device Information by you, the data subject is voluntary. You, the data subject, have the right to approve or deny our collection of Device Information.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase with Iconix Online, we collect personal information from you, including your:
- first name;
- last name
- billing address;
- shipping address;
- payment information;
- email address; and
- phone number;
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
The supply of Order Information by you, the data subject is mandatory.
How will we use your data?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise Iconix Online (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with Iconix Online, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through Iconix Online (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. We refer to this information or advertising as “Direct Marketing.”
Direct marketing by us, the responsible party, to you, the data subject, is prohibited without your express consent given beforehand. If you have given consent to receive direct marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data using Shopify--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information and their security measures in place here www.shopify.com/legal/privacy/customers.
When you place an order through Iconix Online, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you request for your personal information to be erased, Iconix Online will destroy/delete/de-identify all records of personal information that we store of you. The destruction or deletion of your records of personal information will be done in a manner that prevents its reconstruction in an intelligible form.
What are your protection of personal information rights?
Iconix.co.za would like to make sure you, the data subject, is fully aware of all of your personal information protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Iconix Online for copies of your personal information;
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Iconix Online correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Iconix Online to complete information you believe is incomplete;
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Iconix Online erase your personal information, under certain conditions;
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Iconix Online restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions;
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Iconix Online’s processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to be notified that personal information about you has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person;
- The right to be notified that personal information about you is being collected;
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Iconix Online transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions;
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have one month to respond to you.
How to contact us